Friday, February 1, 2013

It's Good to be Home

Hello all! Our hotels would not let us open Blogger in VPN, so I had to wait until we got home to show you our beautiful daughter! She is doing well and we are tired, but I just couldn't wait to give you a sneak peek. Chelsea is very brave, independent, sweet and smart. She is a happy girl and we will teach her boundaries over time. For example, she asked some strange guy at the airport to take her on a ride outside in her wheelchair. If we do not give her what she wants then she asks someone else. :-) This is not uncommon, though, and we will work hard to bond with her and help her be part of our family. It's so good to have her home.

By the way, the wheelchairs were so helpful. We were able to get them from the hotels and they provided much more mobility for her than the walker, especially outside on the streets. China is full of uneven pavement, stairs and steps (even in the bathrooms), and getting around with a limb difference there was quite the challenge.

Love to all, Laura


2 comments:

  1. Welcome home!!! She is amazing and it fills my heart to see her with you at last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it dear Laura! I am just so so happy that precious Chelsea is home! I prayed so much for this wonderful child and seeing her home just fills my heart!

    ReplyDelete