Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Beginnings

Laura here. I like to write but I'm not as good at it as my three siblings. My sister Suzanne published an awesome book for kids called Soccer: How It Works. It's for school-age kids who are serious about the game and want to improve their technique.  Suzanne's book is getting noticed and already has two editorial reviews, both positive. My brother Grant is such a good writer that his college professors always want to use his material on their websites. I hear from lots of folks that my brother Clint is a good writer and I would love an opportunity to see his work. What I do know is that in his business of water quality management, his God-given talents of writing, persuasive speaking and nice way with people have landed him an admirable career.

I'm not saying I'm a bad writer. I like to write and mostly do it as a hobby. I especially like to write poetry. My problem is that writing a story takes me forever and I'm more of a technical than a creative writer. Even so, I decided to start this blog in 2012 and hope you enjoy reading our family's updates. Thank you, Annie in South Carolina, for asking me if I would have a blog. Annie advocates for children overseas who are waiting for forever families. She has 5 kiddos and one is from China. We have 2 kiddos--one is from China and another from China is on the way. Annie helped us find her but that's another story. Here's a photo of our two blessings from God and a photo of our third blessing we hope to have in around 10 months.



Our prayer is that the new year finds you beginning, renewing or increasing your relationship with Jesus. May you be filled to the measure with His love.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Laura!!!! I love it and I LOVED hearing that you had gotten PA for sweet "Marlaina!" Praise the Lord!!! She has waited long enough and is now coming home to her wonderful family!!!!!! I am just so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!! What a great way to begin your new year! Praying for you guys as you pursue bringing home your newest addition! We are praying to be bringing home our newest additions in a few months!
    Blessings!
    Nikki :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,
    So many have been praying for this sweet child! We rejoice in your recent PA and know that God has brought her to you with a great plan in mind! Thank you for allowing us to join you on this journey!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS on PA for this beautiful child! BEAUTIFUL family!
    Blessings and praying for a quick journey,
    Brooke :) (another advocate)

    ReplyDelete